This book is the most lucid and analytical study of various sections of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882. The book is a section-wise commentary explaining the concepts in detail with the help of illustrations and judicial precedents. The text in the chapters is divided in headings and subheadings which make it easy for readers to understand and remember. At the end of these chapters, the book has provided short notes, often asked questions and also some practical problems along with their solutions, with an object to render an exhaustive coverage of the subject at hand.
In this Sixth edition, the case-law has been updated incorporating all important judgments rendered by the Courts in India since the publication of the last edition. This book is an essential reference for law students pursuing law course at different law schools, universities and institutes, enabling them to understand and gather analytical skills pertaining to the subject of “Transfer of Property”.Key Features:
- An essential study aid on the Transfer of Property Act
- Adopts a lucid and analytical approach
- Explains concepts in detail, with help of illustrations and judicial precedents
- Each chapter contains text suitably divided into heading and sub-headings to aid the understanding of readers
- Short notes, often asked questions, and practical problems along with their solutions have been provided after each chapter New to this edition:
- Scope and coverage of content has been further enhanced basis the latest course curriculum
- Includes important decisions of Supreme Court and High courts, since publication of last edition till date
- Highlights and discusses key concepts such as discretion for condoning delay, alienation of property, subsisting right, and reference to arbitration
"Avtar Singh was a former reader in Law, Lucknow University, where he taught for 40 years. He has several important books to his credit and many of which are considered as leading law books of the country. He has received many awards for his excellent writing skills in law including the Saraswati Samman and Vidya Bhushan awards from the UP State Government. Harpreet Kaur is Professor of Law at National Law University, Delhi. Before joining the law university, she taught in business schools and had the opportunity of teaching labour law courses to undergraduate and postgraduate students. She is presently a Fulbright Scholar in Residence at Miami Dade College, Miami for 2016 Fall semester. Together, these two authors have several textbooks to their credit such as Introduction to the Law of Torts and Consumer Protection (LexisNexis, 2013), Interpretation of Statutes (LexisNexis, 2014), Introduction to Jurisprudence (LexisNexis, 2013)."
Law Relating to Leases
Author : BRN Sharma
Lectures in Jurisprudence
Author : N K Jayakumar