Overview: The law of evidence occupies a pivotal role in the effective functioning of the judicial system as the existence of substantive rights can only be established by relevant and admissible evidence. It lays down the quintessential aspects of judicial investigation for effective administration of justice. With rapid advances in diverse fields of life, human relations have undergone an unforeseen transformation, presenting new conflicts and controversies. The law of evidence must therefore regularly groom itself for facing the emerging developments which pose unprecedented problems in the collection of evidence and proof of facts. Over the years, the Courts through judicial precedents and diverse case law have enriched the lexicon of the law of evidence. K D Gaur the Textbook on Indian Evidence Act is one of the country’s most relied on and respected titles and is invaluable for practicing lawyers, law students, police trainees and officers, law universities, judicial academies, legal departments, Judges and Institutional libraries.
- Covers emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- Focuses on the developments made in the law relating to criminal law since the last publication
- Contains and discusses in detail the Criminal Law Amendment 2013 and 2018
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of the Indian Courts that have led to the change and development in the legal position
- Major landmark and important judgements have been incorporated
New to this edition
- Legislative changes introduced vide Amendment 2018 and 2019 have been duly incorporated at appropriate places
- Incorporates relevant statutory changes in the law made post the publication of the last edition
- Includes important decisions of Supreme Court and various High courts
- The provisions and the case laws that stands no longer effective in the light of amendments and developments that have taken place have been duly removed
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
Company Law (Textbook)
Author : H K Saharay