This branch of law has its origins and roots abroad and is many generations old. Its history and evolution have been succinctly traced by the author. The book deals with the general principles which underline the law of insurance. This discussion is a vital aid to the understanding of the law and often holds the key that unlocks many knotty problems. Many decisions of the English and Indian Courts on insurance are cited and adequately discussed in appropriate places. The arrangement of the topics makes for systematic reading and reference.Key Features:
- A critical commentary covering emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- The bare bones of the law of insurance have been fleshed out with lucid and comprehensive commentary on various aspects.
- Focuses on the developments made in the law relating to insurance since the last publication.
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of the Indian and foreign Courts that have led to the change and development in the legal position.
- The book seeks to crystallize, in general, the concept, scope, origin and development of insurance in the legal system in India and abroad. New to this edition:
- Insurance Amendment Act,2015 has been added at appropriate places.
- Incorporates relevant statutory changes in the law made post the publication of the last edition
- Includes important decisions of Supreme Court and various High courts
- The provisions and the case laws that stands no longer effective in the light of amendments and developments that have taken place have been duly removed.
KVS Sarma is Professor of Law at NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad. He is a member of the Academic Council, Executive Council and General Council of NALSAR and the Head, Centre for Corporate Governance at NALSAR. A PhD in Consumer Protection Law from the Berhampur University, he started teaching in the year 1989. He is also Chair Professor of Consumer Law, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, New Delhi. He has also authored Modern Law of Insurance in India (LexisNexis, 2013).
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
Media Law in India
Author : Sohini Mahapatra