The Consumer Protection Act, 2019, as provided in its Preamble, has been enacted to provide
for protection of the interests of consumers and for the said purpose, to establish authorities for
timely and effective administration and settlement of their disputes. Under the Act, various rights
have been provided to the consumers to enable them to avail the remedy provided to protect their
respective interests against any unfair trade practice by the trader or manufacturer.
Key to Consumer Protection Law Practice & Procedure, part of the “law for common man” series,
has been authored in simple language and uses a reader-friendly style to apprise the consumers
of their legal rights, duties and remedies available under the consumer law and also about the
practices & procedures followed by the Consumer Forums while adjudicating such claims.
This work shall be of great use to consumers, voluntary organizations, young lawyers, legal
professionals, practitioners, academicians, students, as well as general readers interested to know
their rights as a consumer.
• Thoroughly revised and up to date with latest case law and recent legislative developments
• Written in a simple and lucid style
• Deals with the practice and procedural aspects of the law
• Includes detailed discussion on the Consumer Protection Act 2019, Food Safety and Standard
Act, 2006, and Legal Metrology Act, 2009
Addl. District & Sessions Judge, Delhi
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
Author : D D Basu