Arbitrator’s Handbook is a collection of chapters on various aspects of arbitration practice from the perspective of an Arbitrator, written by distinguished experts in this field. The book is designed to serve as a useful tool for the modern arbitrators and equip them with answers to the most common questions, as well as engage them in further debate on global best practices. The chapters are designed to include conceptual clarity about the topic that it covers before delving deeper into the finer nuances of it. The comprehensive content of the book shall provide for not just the Arbitrator but for the counsels and other stake holders alike.
• This handbook, with its comprehensive coverage as well as international and comparative focus, is a valuable reference guide for beginners and experts alike
• Provides arbitrators with necessary know-how and training on various concepts and steps involved in an arbitration, about which the information is otherwise scattered and difficult to access
• Gives a complete insight to the arbitration practice followed by leading arbitrators globally, along with the contemporary developments in the field
• Endeavors to communicate the common procedural language of arbitration, with the aim of augmenting the knowledge, skill, and proficiency of arbitrators
• Covers a thorough analysis of the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration and the UN Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards (the New York Convention), along with the effect given by leading arbitral jurisdictions to these international instruments
• While some of the chapters may find focus on the position of law in India, there is sufficient cross-referencing from other major jurisdictions to make this book useful for readers in India as well as abroad
• Among the authors are several distinguished international arbitrators, Queen’s Counsel, as well as three sitting members of the Supreme Court of India
• Readers will have the benefit of engaging with the scholarship of a diverse group of contributors who interact with the mechanism of arbitration in various capacities
- Lexis Red App is compatible with Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad) & Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.