Company Secretarial Practice Manual is a comprehensive company law practice manual, comprising thematic commentary on the law and procedures under the Companies Act, 2013 and SEBI Regulations applicable to listed companies. It is a unique treatise, divided in 50 chapters dealing with different topics, having focus on the practical and procedural aspects to assist professionals in their day-to-day requirements.
This fifth edition has been meticulously revised in view of sea changes brought forth by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019 and 2020 and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) (Fourth Amendment) Regulations, 2022
• Key compliance requirements relating to Directors, Related Party Transactions, Insider Trading, and new Secretarial Standards on Meetings of the Board of Directors, General Meetings and Dividends;
• Compliance checklists relating to incorporation, new Secretarial Standards, Investments, Loans, Guarantees & Securities, reduction in capital, Disclosure requirements under SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 2015; SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015; Buy-back of shares, Board meetings;
• Quick Reference Tables (QRTs) on classes of share capital, exemptions granted under section 8, exemptions and privileges of private companies, compliances under Listing Obligations, qualifications and disqualifications of independent directors;
• Specimen of frequently passed resolutions relating to consolidation of shares, redeemable preference shares on Rights Basis, Approval to Bonus issue, model applications, notices, declarations, model regulations, Share Certificates, Articles of Association and letters to shareholders
• A go-to-guide, complete with appendices updated with the latest rules, orders, notifications, circulars and clarifications along with exemption notifications, frequently-passed board resolutions, principles relating to computation of time, documents filed with and applications made to the Registrar of Companies
Dr K R Chandratre is a practising company secretary with over 35 years of experience. He holds a Master’s degree in commerce, an LL.B from the University of Pune. He is a Fellow member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. He was the President of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India during 1996 and was also the Vice-President for two years. He was a member of the Working Group on Redrafting of the Companies Act, 1956 constituted by the Government of India in August 1996, to draft a new Companies Act to be substituted for the Companies Act, 1956, which resulted in the Companies Bill, 1997. He also served as the Chairman of the Committee on ‘Delisting of Securities’ constituted by SEBI in March 1997. He was the President of the Pune Stock Exchange, Pune, India, during April 2004 to April 2005. He has authored over 1000 articles and 24 books on various subjects in the areas of Corporate Laws and Corporate Secretarial Practice. He has also addressed more than 300 seminars, workshops, conferences and conventions besides contributing papers at national and international levels.