This book is an exhaustive commentary on aspects related to environmental law, divided into threevolumes.
It is the most comprehensive and extensive title on the laws related to pollution control and
environment protection in India, making this work an essential reference aid for anyone concerned
with the interpretation and implementation of Environmental Laws in India.
• This book deals with various aspects of Environmental and Pollution Laws in India.
• Divided into 27 Chapters, the work discusses all important topics such as Air Pollution, Water
Pollution, Noise Pollution, Nuclear Pollution, Marine Pollution and Light Pollution, National
Green Tribunal - Genetically Modified Organisms, and - Marine Pollution
• Topics such as De-Reservation, Diversion of Forest Land, Compensatory Afforestation,
Sustainable Development, Doctrine of Margin of Appreciation, Non Forest Activities, Wood
Based Industries, Environment Compensation Charge, Spent Fuel Management have been
discussed in detail.
• All important judgments delivered by the Supreme Court, National Green Tribunal and various
High Courts have been incorporated.
• Select judgments from other jurisdictions such as the United Kingdom and European Union
have also been included.
• It also contains analysis of important conventions such as:
• International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, 1973
• Nairobi Wreck Removal Convention, 2007
• BASEL Convention on the Control of Trans-boundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes
and their Disposal
• Convention on Biological Diversity
• The International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage, 2001