Hints on Modern Advocacy, Professional Ethics and the Art of Cross-examination is a celebrated text aimed at (i) familiarizing the readers with the nuts and bolts of advocacy and cross-examination; (ii) acquainting them with the art/methods practiced and formulated by the great masters of the profession; and (iii) imparting training of the etiquettes of the profession and rules of conduct.
Modern advocacy requires a combination of legal knowledge, critical thinking, persuasive skills, and effective communication. This book is designed to equip the lawyers of today with these indispensable skills. There are many aspects relating to law practice which a practitioner will learn with experience and time. This book is an authoritative reference text to guide the readers with the do’s and don’ts of the profession. The current edition has been significantly revised and overhauled; and will cater to practitioners, academics, and students alike.
• Comprehensive coverage of topics to equip the lawyers of today with various tools and skills required for modern advocacy
• Complete insight and commentary on rights and duties of an advocate; professional ethics and conduct; and leading cases on professional misconduct.
• Useful and time-tested tips on how to prepare a case; and address the court, along with illustrations and interesting anecdotes from eminent jurists and lawyers
• Dedicated chapters dealing with the fundamentals of examination of witnesses; nitty-gritties of examination-in-chief, cross-examination and re-examination; examination of witnesses in arbitrations; and Independence of Judiciary
• Discussion on examination of witnesses with the aid of virtual platforms
• Guidance notes on how lawyers must conduct themselves in their dealings with clients, opponents, colleagues, and most importantly, courts (of which they are the officers)
The Indian Succession Act
Author : Paruck