Guide to SEBI, Capital Issues, Debentures and Listing is a treatise on securities laws and an encyclopedia on the Indian capital market, encompassing its entire conceptual, legal and procedural framework, comprising the SEBI Act, Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, Depositories Act, rules, regulations, relevant circulars, forms, consultative papers and committee reports, guidance notes, compliance and procedural checklists, model agreements, resolutions for board and general meetings and frequently asked questions. Considering the major amendments in the SEBI Act and Companies Act and the Regulations thereunder and relevant FEMA Regulations, this book has been revamped and rewritten to reflect the current legal and regulatory framework of securities laws and the updated compliance and procedural aspects for all types of capital issues. This fifth edition consists of 94 Chapters divided into 16 Parts.
- Commentary on the SEBI Act, 1992 with all legislative changes and important judicial decisions.
- Incisive analysis of the SEBI ICDR Regulations, 2018 and the procedural aspects of public issue, rights issue, private placements, preferential issue s and SME issues in the light of the new ICDR Regulations and amendments to the Companies Act, 2013.
- Exhaustive discussion of the SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, SEBI (Buyback of Securities) Regulations and SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations.
- Review of the relevant provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 relating to shares, debentures, capital issues and corporate governance.
- Complete coverage of the legal and procedural aspects of all types of debt issues.
- Elaborate analysis of SEBI LODR Regulations, incorporating all amendments.
- Commentary on the Securities (Contracts) Regulation Act, 1956, Depositories Act, 1996 and the rules and regulations issued thereunder.
- Updated NSE and BSE Listing Requirements for different types of issues.
- Detailed treatment of Regulations for Mutual Funds, Alternative Investment Funds and Infrastructure Investment Trusts, incorporating all amendments and circulars.
- Extensive coverage of FDI Regulations, FPI Regulations and ECB Guidelines in the light of the new FEMA Regulations and Master Circulars.
- New Chapters on Taxation of securities, recent amendments to the Indian Stamp Act on securities and Recent Regulatory Changes and judicial decisions.
- Self-contained Chapters providing comprehensive treatment of each subject by inclusion of the Act, Regulations, Circulars, specimen compliance and procedural checklists, model agreements and resolutions for board and general meetings.
- Incorporates all the recent Consultative Papers, including the recent ones on proposed amendments to various Regulations and new initiatives.
- Exhaustively deals with the equity market, derivatives, debt market, and commodity derivatives
K Sekhar is a Chartered Accountant, a Cost and Management Accountant and a Company Secretary. He had the rare distinction of passing CA, CMA and CS Examinations at the age of just 23, securing the 25th rank in CA and 7th rank in CMA Final examination. He is associated with a large international group as Head - Legal and Company Secretary and is on the Board of several companies. In a distinguished career spanning over 35 years, Sekhar has acquired a wealth of experience and expertise in diverse areas spanning company law, securities laws, corporate finance, capital issues, joint ventures and private equity, mergers, demergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, investment banking, depository services, international and domestic arbitration, litigation management, corporate governance, compliance management and contracts drafting. He combines a rare blend of academic erudition with professional expertise in all the above areas and has a forte for structuring innovative solutions to financial, legal and business problems.
Sekhar has been a Specialist Editor to A Ramaiya’s “Guide to the Companies Act” and has also authored books on Company Law and Investor Servicing. He was the Chairman of the Eastern India Regional Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India in 2005. He is a member of the Auditing Standards Board of ICSI and a member of the Governance TaskForce of CII – Eastern Region. His articles have appeared in various professional journals and newspapers. He has been a regular speaker at seminars and workshops organised by various professional bodies. He is a voracious reader, a passionate photographer and an ardent music lover. He has been a Yoga practitioner for more than four decades and has a spiritual approach to life. He has been spearheading an initiative for providing scholarships to needy and meritorious children for the last two decades. He attributes his excellence in the academic and professional spheres to his champion mind-set, hard work, discipline, dedication, detail orientation, commitment, perseverance, his supportive family and above all, the infinite Grace of the Almighty.
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
Technology Laws Decoded
Author : N S Nappinai
Law of Evidence
Author : Woodroffe and Amir Ali