Criminal Law – Cases and Materials is a classical work in the field of criminal law and has been quoted with approval in the judgments of various courts in India and abroad. The book is divided into two parts. The first part includes seven chapters, dealing with the origin and development of criminal law; the nature, concept, causes and definition of crime, and fundamentals of criminal law; the scope of the doctrine of mens rea and strict liability; the basis for exemptions from criminal responsibility, along with joint liability and vicarious liability for criminal wrongs; preliminary crimes (inchoate crimes) of abetment, criminal conspiracy and attempt to commit crimes; the extent, scope, aims, objects and theories of punishment and the application and extent of the Indian Penal Code. The second part consisting of 18 chapters from 8 to 25 deals with specific offences. This book is an indispensable tool for law students, members of the Bar and Bench, and those interested in the administration of criminal justice.
- The book is divided into two parts. The first part covers the general principles of criminal law and criminology, and the second part discusses specific offences
- Addition of chapter 25 titled “Offences Relating to Public Morals, Decency and Modesty and Public Health; Crimes relating to Constitutional and Human Right Violations” is a unique addition in the book
- Includes recent landmark judgments on criminal law from various countries to apprise readers of the latest developments in the field of criminal law and criminology in different parts of the world.
- In the selection and presentation of cases, emphasis has been laid on the importance of the subject matter
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
The Law of Torts
Author : Ratanlal & Dhirajlal
Key to Criminal Court Practice & Procedures
Indian Penal Code
Author : R A Nelson