The purpose of research is to discover, translate and develop human knowledge to advance the richness of education. Legal Research Methodology is specially designed for students pursuing LL.B (3 years and 5 years), LL.M. and Ph.D. courses. Beginning with the current trends in research and research ethics, methods and techniques of identification and formulation of research problem, the book goes on to discuss the collection and analysis of literature, research design and report writing, presumption and construction of hypothesis, plagiarism, jurisprudence of judicial mechanism in legal research. New dimensions in legal research are new to this edition of the book. Inclusion of new chapters on Doctrinal and Empirical Research, Socio Legal and Comparative Research, Review of Literature, Tools and Techniques of Data Collection and Factor Analysis. etc. will ensure this work lays down new milestones in research methodology. The book will also be an interesting reference for students with no previous experience or knowledge of research methodology and for researchers whose knowledge in research methodology is limited.
- Introduces the core principles of socio-legal research in a straight-forward way
- Content is presented in an accessible and understandable language
- Provides insight into the proper understanding and appropriateness of research techniques
- Presents the overall research process as a unitary whole and then explains it by breaking it into small understandable pieces
- Creates a one uniform single piece of literature for students, academicians, and researchers
- Course curriculum guidelines and syllabus being taught in National Law Universities, Central and State Universities has been duly considered and incorporated, as well as the syllabus prescribed by University Grant Commission (UGC) for eligibility of lectureship
- A notable addition to this edition is the inclusion of new chapters on Doctrinal and Empirical Research, Socio Legal and Comparative Research, Review of Literature, Tools and Techniques of Data Collection and Factor Analysis.
Rattan Singh is Professor of Law at University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Panjab University, and Chandigarh. He is the former Head, Department of Laws, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. His field of specialisation is Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, and Research Methodology.
Drafting and Conveyancing
Author : S P Aggarwal