The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 repealed the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, to provide for timely and effective administration and settlement of consumers’ disputes. While retaining certain old provisions, the New Act has some new provisions like e-commerce, establishment of Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA), strict norms for misleading advertisement, strict norms for product liability, alternate dispute resolution through mediation, to further safeguard consumer rights and create exhaustive consumer protection law. In this new edition, an earnest attempt has been made by the authors to undertake extensive research on various provisions of the enactment and its effectiveness in dealing with cyber crimes.
• A standard and reliable commentary on the consumer protect law
• Examines in detail the new Consumer Protection Act 2019 that has repealed the Consumer Protection Act, 1986
• Incorporates notable decisions of the Supreme Court and High Courts
• The various provisions of the Act have been thoroughly examined and the structure of the legislation has been set out with analytical success
• The fora of regulations of disputes and the formalities necessary for invoking the jurisdiction of the tribunals have also been covered
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
The Code of Civil Procedure
Author : Mulla
Author : Mulla
Supreme Court on Banking Law
Author : S N Gupta