Law of Elections and Election Petition is a commentary on the law relating to elections to the Parliament, State Legislatures and also Panchayats and Municipalities. This book gives an overview of the entire process of elections beginning with delimitation of constituencies to power of recall. This book is an essential reference for anyone interested in understanding the electoral process in India.
- Thoroughly revised and updated with changes brought about by recent legislative amendments as well as judgments of constitutional courts
- A new chapter on the status of Union Territory of Puducherry has been added
- Provides a detailed and critical analysis of issues such as Qualifications and Disqualifications, Election Expenditures, Corrupt Practices, Electoral Offences and Right to Information
- Covers the procedural aspects relating to Election Petitions including drafting, presentation, pleadings, reliefs that can be granted, limitation and costs
- Includes important judgments delivered by the various high courts and Supreme Court, like K. Lakshminarayanan v. Union of India, Shrimanth Balasaheb Patil v. Hon’ble Speaker, Karnataka Legislative Assembly, and Tej Bahadur v. Narendra Modi
The Transfer of Property Act
Author : Mulla