Public International Law is a researched work on the subject of International Law. Since International Law is taught almost in all the States of the world, an effort has been made to incorporate all important aspects of International law in this Book. The Book contains Chapters on three important parts of International Law - Law of Peace, Law of War, and International Institutions. There are 20 Chapters in the Book dealing with all important aspects of International Law.
- The Book is written in a simple language, easy to understand. It introduces the subject to the readers and helps them to grasp the concepts easily
- Covers important aspects, such as sources of International law, its subjects, relationship between international law and municipal law, different aspects of recognition, State jurisdiction and State responsibility
- Contains a plethora of cases of ICJ, PCIJ, regional courts, like European Court of Human Rights and domestic courts of various States. Also refers to a large number of international treaties and reports
- Latest developments, such as the Kulbhushan Jadhav case, Italian Marine case, Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, 2017 and the Convention on the Elimination of Violence and Harassment in the World of Work, 2019 have also been discussed in detail
- A new chapter on International Criminal Law has been added to this edition
- This Book has been written keeping in mind the papers prescribed by the Bar Council of India for BA. LL.B. and LL.B. students. It is also useful for LL.M. and Ph.D. students, as well as those pusuing Post-Graduate Diploma and Certificate Courses on International Law.
Dr V K Ahuja is Associate Professor in Faculty of Law, University of Delhi having a teaching experience of over 23 years. He holds LL.M. and Ph.D. from University of Delhi and M.Phil. from JNU, New Delhi. He has also completed a certificate course on Law Teaching and Legal Research Skills at Cardiff Law School, Cardiff University, UK in 2004. He has authored three books on I PR, and two volumes of Halsburys Annotated Statutes of India. He was honoured with an award in the Fifth South Asian Teaching Session on International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law organised jointly by the International Committee of the Red Cross, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and National Law School of India University, Bangalore in 2003.
Textbook on Economic Offences
Author : K D Gaur
Textbook on Indian Penal Code
Author : K D Gaur