This book, in a detailed and analytical manner, covers six major topics across 18 chapters – Contracts and Arrangements with Related Parties; Loans, Guarantees, Security and Investments; Appointment of and Remuneration to Managerial Personnel; Guidance to Interpretation, Illustrations, Disclosures, Compliances, Registers, Records and Returns under Companies Act; SEBI (LODR) Regulations, 2015; and CARO & Accounting Standards.
Reference to relevant circulars, notifications, case law, compliance, and disclosure requirements, along with practical illustrations on these subjects, wherever applicable, have been given in the book along with reference to the notifications granting exemptions to various classes of companies.
As a whole, this book has been written in simple language, providing practical notes and guidance with illustrations, enabling readers to get a complete picture of the subject from a statutory, regulatory, and practical perspective.
- This edition has been extensively revised to include a detailed account of compliances, disclosures, accounting standards, and reports to be furnished by auditors
- Provides a comprehensive account of all aspects of related party transactions, whether under the Companies Act or under Listing Regulations
- Serves as a one stop reference point for compliance requirements for all types of related party transactions, whether contracts and arrangements for sale or purchase of goods and services or properties or granting of loans, guarantees security and investments or appointment or reappointment of managerial personnel
- Contains answers and solutions to most of the critical questions that usually arise in practice.
- Explains the importance of role of independent directors, role of audit committee, role of board of directors, and approvals, to be obtained from shareholders, clipping of voting rights of related party shareholders
- Gives ingredients of charter of audit committee, and RPT policy
"Dr K S Ravichandran, M Com, LL B, FCS, Ph D, is the Managing Partner of KSR&Co Company Secretaries LLP, (Chennai and Coimbatore) with over two decades of experience as a company secretary in practice. Dr Ravichandran, has been invited to participate and address over 400 conferences, seminars and workshops. He is a member of the Secretarial Standards Board of the ICSI and the National Council for Corporate Frauds and Internal Audit of ASSOCHAM. He is also associated with the International Association for Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, INSOL INTERNATIONAL, a global organization of corporate insolvency professionals, and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He was a member of the expert sub-group constituted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to go into the amendments to be made to the Companies Act, 2013. He has recently been inducted as an independent director of Karur Vysya Bank, Karur.
He is well known for his corporate advisory services and also for his litigation practice. Dr Ravichandran is famous for his powerful arguments and has appeared before the Company Law Board; Competition Commission of India; Competition Appellate Tribunal; Trademarks Tribunal and authorities;
Intellectual Property Appellate Board; National Company Law Tribunal; adjudicating authorities and compounding authorities under various corporate and securities laws, National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, Disciplinary Committees of ICSI and ICAI and many of cases argued by him have been reported in leading law journals.
He has also published hundreds of articles in reputed journals on corporate laws and has authored books in the areas of secretarial and securities audit, prosecution of directors, debt recovery, enforcement of security interest and winding up, limited liability partnership, related party transactions and corporate law offences. He was also a specialist editor of M C Bhandari’s Guide to Company Law Procedures, 23rd edition, published by LexisNexis."