This book is specially designed for students pursuing Bachelors or Masters degree in law. It begins with a brief on the explanation of fundamental economic concepts involved in competition matters, goes on to discuss the general framework of Indian competition law, and progresses incrementally to provide a comprehensive and complete understanding of this area of law. This work aims to provide functional and practical understanding of the black letter of law through analysis of the decided cases. It helps readers to grasp the legal and non-legal aspects of competition law in a systematic and logical way. The book mainly focuses on the cases decided by the Competition Commission of India in a concise form, so it becomes easily intelligible and helps provide useful inputs to the law students.Key Features:
- Meets the requirements of students pursuing Bachelors or Masters degree in law
- Studies the development of competition law jurisprudence in India
- Provide functional and practical understanding of the law through analysis of important judgments
- Highlights key issues and questions relating to competition law
- Focuses on the cases decided by the Competition Commission of India
- Provides an insight into competition law in other jurisdictions such as United States and the European Union
- Adopts a blend of descriptive and analytical methodology
Versha Vahini is Assistant Professor in National Law School of India University, Bangalore. She has 14 years of experience in teaching as well as research in law. She has published various articles in national and international journals on a variety of subjects including Right to Information, the Indian Penal Code and issues related to Women. She has been working in the area of competition law on subjects including anticompetitive agreements for the last eight years. Versha has also edited a book which is the student version of Ratanlal & Dhirajlal Indian Penal Code (LexisNexis, 2014).
- Lexis knowlEdge is accessible via Web, Android (Tablet), iOS(iPad & Phone) & offline application on Windows 7 and above (PC & Laptop).
- eBook purchases once done on the website, will not be cancelled or refunded.
The Sale of Goods Act
Author : Pollock & Mulla
Indian Competition Law
Author : Versha Vahini
Shorter Constitution of India
Author : D D Basu
Author : Gargi Rajvanshi
Author : Pavan Duggal