This book comprehensively deals with the provisions of Equity, Trusts, Specific Relief and the Law of Real Property in India. There is a meticulous discussion of the provisions of the Indian Easements Act, the Registration Act, and the Transfer of Property Act. Furthermore, there are discussions with respect to customs, usages and religious texts which are the sources in addition to the legislations relating to the area of transfer of property including sale, lease, mortgage, gifts and international dimensions as well. Since major transactions relating to real property in India occur in the form of Sale, Lease, Mortgage, Gift and other transfers, this work also examines the law and different complications that come up during execution of such transfers.
- Comprehensive coverage of the concepts of equity and trusts, with illustrations and case law
- Exclusive discussion on Specific Relief and Indian Trusts Act and the application of private trusts, with case judgments establishing the court procedure relating to these topics
- Includes check list relating to the legislative provisions and disputes on transfer of immovable property, including sale, lease, mortgage, gift and case law on Indian Easements Act, where the execution of the transfer is in process and annulment of the transfer by the courts are at issue
- Detailed treatment of law of injunctions and civil process during infringement of sale, lease, gift, mortgage, easements, wills and trusts
- An essential reference, elaborating upon the provisions in the areas of Equity, Trust, Specific Relief, Property Law and their interpretation in courts of law, including Supreme Court of India and foreign jurisprudence
The author has over two decades of academic experience in teaching both graduate and post-graduate students. He has done Ph D in law from National Law University, Jodhpur, and LL M in International Economic Law from Warwick University, UK and LL M in US and Global Legal Studies from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. He has worked in JIS University, Kolkata for more than 5 years. Prior to joining National Law University, Jodhpur he worked as Researcher in Case School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, USA in World Bank and IMF Project on “Cases relating to Money Laundering” under Professor Richard Gordon. He has worked in CUTS International, CCIER, Jaipur, India and was Lecturer in WBNUJS, Kolkata for 4 years.
The Indian Contract Act
Author : Mulla